Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday--On Tuesday!



OK...after a couple weeks of floundering in the menu department, just throwing together whatever I can (usually at the last minute), and lacking motivation (I totally needed some new recipes)--I decided a menu plan for this week is a MUST! I just really  need the organization and direction on hectic days or days when it is just too pretty outside to do anything inside, if you know what I mean.  So, here is the run down.

Monday: We had spaghetti with meat sauce and salads with almonds, dried cranberries, and cucumbers on them...and the lettuce was our first harvest from the garden.

Tuesday: Tonight we are having Tilapia (baked, with quinoa and brown rice, corn on the cob (that I just bought from a farm stand and strawberries.

Wednesday: Fajitas (beef) with peppers, onions and tomatoes, Salads (lettuce from the garden), and peaches

Thursday: Simple Italian Grilled Chicken (this recipe I tore out of a magazine, but is a Crisco recipe from crisco.com/oliveoil--I'll share the recipe later this week), Salads, more corn on the cob, and strawberries--I LOVE SUMMER FOODS!

Friday: Sandra Lee's Beefy Mac (this is also a new recipe for me!), Salads, and peaches

Saturday:  Beach Day--so we'll probably go out to eat

Sunday: Sandra Lee's Cajun Chicken Pasta (never tried this before) and salads

Well, I am excited to try some new recipes and to hopefully stay on track this week! How about you?



This picture is what I scraped together last minute on Sunday for dinner, pork out of the freezer, cottage cheese, frozen blueberries, some sliced cucumbers from the fridge and ranch, fried zucchini. 

I had one zucchini left so I went looking for bread crumbs, didn't find any so I crushed up some croutons, and added some parmesan cheese, I dipped the sliced zucchini in egg and tossed it into the bag of goodies,  and then plopped them in the skillet.

After they were cooked, I placed them on paper towel on a plate to drain the oil/butter (can't remember what I used).  It was a super quick fix for a hungry family! 
Aaron doesn't care for zucchini, especially this way, but I love it! 
Blessings to you,

Amanda

Linking up with I'm An Organizing Junkie 

No comments: