Friday, July 1, 2011

Simple Italian Grilled Chicken

I found a link to the recipe that I am making tonight, I switched up my menu plan a little and did a simple Sandra Lee Smothered Chicken Recipe last night.  It was super easy and I needed something to throw in the slow cooker while we spent the afternoon at the splash pad.  I paired it with rice instead of mashed potatoes, and a salad.  Ok..here is tonight's ingredient list:

Simple Italian Grilled Chicken

INGREDIENTS:

  • No-Stick Cooking Spray
  • 3 tablespoons Olive Oil OR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 (5 to 6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
However, I am not sure if I can post the recipe on here...so the link to the full recipe is right HERE.

I looked for the smothered chicken recipe that I made last night...and couldn't find it online, so I think/hope it is ok to share here!

Southern Smothered Chicken


5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1.5 pounds total)
1 package (8 oz) presliced fresh mushrooms ( I bought baby bellas and sliced them myself)
1 can corn drained (I only had frozen corn and added a few handfuls)
1 large onion--1/4 inch thick slices
2 cans condensed creamy chicken verde soup (I couldn't find the verde, so I used cream of chicken and mushroom--for more mushroom flavor)
Fresh thyme
Cracked black pepper

1. Trim fat from chicken and set aside,

2. In slow cooker, combine mushrooms, corn, and onion.--place chicken on top of veggies.  Spoon soup over all.

3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours

4. Serve with thyme and cracked pepper over mashed potatoes.

I adjusted this a little...my chicken came straight from the freezer, so I cooked on high for a while.  Next time, I will pre season the chicken because I couldn't find the verde cream soup and it probably makes a little flavor difference....It was still very good!  I served this over brown rice, instead of mashed potatoes like suggested...we don't eat a lot of potatoes and I figured brown rice was healthier. You do need to serve it over something though. 

Just found this review and it looks like the chicken I made...she has some good info on the cream of chicken verde!

Last night, when making brown rice I intentionally made more than we needed so I could make 2 other recipes. 


Spinach Rice Casserole
and
Fried Rice--some variation....I'll let you know how it turns out!
Blessings to you,

Amanda

No comments: