Simple Italian Grilled Chicken
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil OR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (5 to 6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
I looked for the smothered chicken recipe that I made last night...and couldn't find it online, so I think/hope it is ok to share here!
Southern Smothered Chicken
5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1.5 pounds total)
1 package (8 oz) presliced fresh mushrooms ( I bought baby bellas and sliced them myself)
1 can corn drained (I only had frozen corn and added a few handfuls)
1 large onion--1/4 inch thick slices
2 cans condensed creamy chicken verde soup (I couldn't find the verde, so I used cream of chicken and mushroom--for more mushroom flavor)
Cracked black pepper
1. Trim fat from chicken and set aside,
2. In slow cooker, combine mushrooms, corn, and onion.--place chicken on top of veggies. Spoon soup over all.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
4. Serve with thyme and cracked pepper over mashed potatoes.
I adjusted this a little...my chicken came straight from the freezer, so I cooked on high for a while. Next time, I will pre season the chicken because I couldn't find the verde cream soup and it probably makes a little flavor difference....It was still very good! I served this over brown rice, instead of mashed potatoes like suggested...we don't eat a lot of potatoes and I figured brown rice was healthier. You do need to serve it over something though.
Just found this review and it looks like the chicken I made...she has some good info on the cream of chicken verde!
Last night, when making brown rice I intentionally made more than we needed so I could make 2 other recipes.
Spinach Rice Casserole
Fried Rice--some variation....I'll let you know how it turns out!
Blessings to you,