Sunday, July 31, 2011

Let's Talk Tomatoes

Well, my tomatoes are starting to produce fruit.  And that leads me to my next predicament...what do I do with them all?!?  I plan on canning some tomato juice and some  tomatoes...but that can get a little boring--ya know?  So...it's time to link up (this is my first link up...so I hope it goes smoothly) Get out those recipes and get them posted...I have at least 25 tomato plants that are going to turn red soon!  If you don't have a blog...leave your favorite recipe in the comments section. My husband is on the hunt for a really great salsa recipe...Thanks for Participating!

(this photo was quite a few weeks ago)

If you enter a blog address, please make sure it is to your post, not the home page.
Also, I know I don't have a button, but if you would please link back...I would appreciate it!


Blessings,

Amanda



I linked this post up at Like a Bubbling Brook, Titus2sdays, Domestically Divine, Growing Home, Comfy in the Kitchen's Fellowship Fridays, Women Living Well, Womanly Ways Wednesdays, and Raising Homemakers

7 comments:

Erica said...

I haven't written a blog post in ages, so I think my "readers" (aka my family) would be upset if I only posted a recipe. :) So, here's my salsa recipe:

2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalepeno, seeded and chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
the juice of one lime

This makes a yummy, simple, mild salsa/pico de gallo.

Erica said...

oh, and I forgot salt to taste

Cynthia Wilson said...

Amanda, I put the link to my prize-winning Green Tomato Soup with Cornbread Croutons recipe which was in Bon Appetit Magazine and is now owned by McCormick Spices.

Jacinda @ Growing Home said...

Tomato Spice Soup is my favorite way to use up red tomatoes!

Mrs. T said...

Always wanted my own little garden!

Amanda said...

Thank you Erica and Cynthia! Jacinda, It was nice linking up with you...I look forward to doing it again. Mrs. T. I grew up with a garden, but haven't always had one as an adult...I love it though! I'll be praying you can have one soon! Thanks for visiting ladies!

Christan said...

Cindy's recipe looks good!! I have a couple I will get to you that we do - salsa and homemade marinara sauce.

Also we cut out the stem and freeze whole with skins. Then, we thaw them and the skills fall right off (yay - no boiling!!) and use our tomatoes in soups and chili throughout the winter. We freeze the in gallon bags.