Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunday Five (on Tuesday)

This weekend we traveled down to our house down in southern Indiana, that still hasn't sold, to take our pictures and decorations down, clean up walls and fill in holes-- in preparation for a renter.  It was kind of an emotional trip for me...I really miss my friends and our church there.  Needless to say, I enjoyed visiting and catching up with friends, but the trip didn't come without tears for me.  It was an emotional weekend.  I meant to post my Sunday Five (my five favorite links for the week) on Sunday, but I was occupied...so here they are, I pray you had a wonderful weekend!

1.  Just in case you are swimming in tomatoes that need processed quickly, check out this post on freezing tomatoes.  If mine ever start turning red, I hope to be swimming in them soon!

2.  I am loving this site.  It is full of crafty ideas and great link ups!  I am really excited to get my sewing machine out soon and start making some dresses for Lydia.  I loved this twirl dress--I bought some material this weekend! yay!

3. I saw these dolls on a blog and followed a link to see how awesome they are!  The company that makes them partners with World Vision, so a major plus! here is a blurb from their web site:
    
     It’s an undeniable fact that girls in many countries struggle against a lack of education, medical care, 
     decent housing, and clean water and food. But when these basic needs are met, those girls achieve
     amazing things for themselves and their families. Sometimes, all they need is a little help.

     The Hearts For Hearts Girls™ mission is to empower girls to become agents of change in their
     communities, their countries, and around the world. We want to change the world one heart at a time, and
     you can be a part of that dream!

     It all starts with our dolls. Right now, there are six Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls: Lilian (Belarus), Rahel
     (Ethiopia), Nahji (India), Tipi (Laos), Consuelo (Mexico), and Dell (United States). Each of them has an
     important story to tell about life in her country, inspired by real girls who are strong, smart, courageous,
     and determined to rise above challenging circumstances.

     When you buy a doll, Hearts For Hearts Girls donates part of the purchase price through our charitable
     partner, World Vision, to programs that support girls in that country. Whether it’s malaria nets in Africa,
     schoolbooks in Asia, or food supplies in the US, these programs help girls to thrive and succeed.

I think these dolls are GREAT! check them out! HERE is a link to the Hearts for Hearts Girls Website!

4.  We have been working on cutting out processed foods from our house...it is a slow process--I didn't think we had much before since I make our food from scratch, but I am amazed at how things just slip in.  I love buttermilk ranch dressing, my kiddos enjoy it too--though no white and creamy for Aaron. I love this recipe for Easy Peasy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing from Happy in Dole Valley and am whipping a batch up this week. 

5. This link is to a website for a family in which, I went to college with the mom and dad.  They have an amazing family and a heart for adoption.  Their blog is HERE.   The link, however, is the link to their adoption fundraiser.  It is a site where you can purchase coffee beans to help cover their fees for the adoption of their daughter, who will soon be adopted from China.  If you love coffee...you'll love going to their site and purchasing!

I am off to clean--our fridge was dying last night when we got home, so we emptied it out put everything in to coolers (that wasn't already spoiled).  The repair man is coming this afternoon and I am not sure how much I'll get done when he is here.

Blessings to you,

Amanda

No comments: