Monday, May 23, 2011

A Summer Salad

This is a quick and easy salad that we had for dinner the other night. I was introduced to it from my friend and college roommate Erica, you can find her HERE.  We went to Sam's Club on Friday and I picked up some of their freshly roasted chickens from the meat counter...they are so good, hot, and ready to eat--if your Sam's Club carries them, they are definitely worth buying.  (I usually buy 4 or 5, de-bone them and freeze in 1 and 2 cup portions for quick meals)

I put all the different ingredients in bowls and we build our own salads...the ingredients are as follows:

Lettuce--I used a combination of Spinach and an artisan mix
Strawberries
Blueberries
Mandarin Oranges--drained, if you are using them from a can
Pineapple--Diced, fresh or from a can
Walnut pieces
Diced Chicken
The dressing you really need to use is Poppy Seed dressing...it makes the salad.  They make low fat and regular versions...you can save a good amount of fat, etc. if you get the reduced version.

It is an amazing lunch or dinner, with or without the chicken. I actually think it used to be a Panera Salad...not sure if they still have it though! Enjoy!


I linked up to Marvelous Menus at Ask Ms Recipe here.

Blessings to you,

Amanda
Linking up at Raising Olives

No comments: