Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunday Five

I have really been enjoying my family--spending time outdoors and playing, I haven't been spending much time on the computer.  But I did have some time to pin some of my favorites this week!

1.  I have been really trying to cut out processed foods from our diet...it is always easy to go out and buy snacky foods.  We love goldfish around here, I usually buy the whole wheat or garden veggie ones anyway, so THIS recipe, for whole wheat goldfish crackers, is a real keeper!

2.  Friday night, after movie night, I took some time to do some prep work in the kitchen.   I had some bananas that needed made into bread, so I made a triple batch of banana bread, homemade granola bars, and then--I made uncrustables and homemade croutons that I saw in THIS post.  I loved this idea.  Often on gymnastics days, since we are in town anyway we have lunch with Aaron--I made these uncrustables to pack for the boys lunch.  I also loved that there was no waste--the homemade croutons were awesome and easy to make too! 

3.  This recipe for Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup with Pesto Cream Cheese is our dinner for tonight! Erica, one of my college roommates from college posted this recipe on Facebook last week.  It looked so good, I just had to try it.  I plan to roast the veggies and take the recipe through step 7  and then freeze the extra.  I hope it freezes well!  It looks amazing...and I can't wait to eat it! 

4.  Last week I used THIS site to make name practice sheets for the boys.  I just typed out their names and printed them off.  Just a note...I had to change the orientation on my printer even though I had chosen landscape on the page.  Also, when I printed them off...it all didn't fit on one page.  I cut them up and taped them onto another page--to make copies of and then laminate...I LOVE my laminator!

5.  I really like headbands with flowers and bows to put in Lydia's hair.  While I was looking something else up this week, I saw THIS tutorial on how to make a felt flower headband I am going to have definitely do this very soon! 

It is my prayer that you had a blessed weekend with your family! 

Amanda

No comments: