Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

This pumpkin bread recipe is wonderful! I made it this weekend, a little altered and froze one loaf and ate the other one! Definitely, easy and worth sharing!

3 c. Flour
3 c. Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 c. oil (I always bake with Canola)
3 Tbsp. cinnamon
1- 15 oz. or 16 oz. can of Pumpkin (the original recipe said 16oz. but I used 15oz.)
3 Eggs
Chocolate chips (about a 1/2 bag)

I just used my Kitchen Aid for this one. I used the paddle attachment. I put the dry ingredients in first, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda--and mixed it well. Then I added the eggs, one at a time, oil, pumpkin and then cinnamon. After well mixed, I added chocolate chips (about 1/2 a bag) yum! Definitely made the house smell wonderful! I put this in 2 loaf pans that were well greased. When they were done, I turned them out of the pans onto a cooling rack. You can add nuts if you want, but I just stuck with chocolate!


**Adapted from a recipe printed in the Decatur TV Review-- October 31, 2010

No comments: