Friday, December 3, 2010

Cool Fall and Winter Nights...

Although around here we are preparing for Christmas and the sale of our new house...in order to move and buy another new one...in another city. I am enjoying fixing heart warming foods...so, I decided to share some of my faves over the next few weeks! This is a favorite I made this week, and we love it. My kids are big bean fans and pick them out...which is not hard to do with this hearty soup. It is a quick meal made of things I have in my pantry at all times!

Taco Soup

In a soup pot add:
2 lb hamburger or ground turkey (cooked and drained)
2 c. frozen corn or 2 cans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can light red kidney beans
(i use what I have--i also substitute in black beans too!)
make sure you drain and rinse beans
add 1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing (dry)
2-3 cans of water depending on how soupy you want it I usually use three...bring to a boil...reduce heat to simmer (30-40 min)...or put in crock pot on low all day.

I serve with cheese, sour cream, and taco chips on the side...enjoy!


This picture is a recent one of our family celebrating Aaron's 31st birthday at the end of October. We were on our way to a fall party event at our church

No comments: